The Bible is one of the most circulated and best selling books of all time. Many believe it to contain the word of God. Meaning, God, for the purpose of our guidance and instruction, either commanded or inspired certain people throughout history to chronicle certain events, lessons and prophecies. Others believe it a book of stories, partly fiction and non-fiction, but nothing more than that. Others still, think it was written by man as a means to control the masses, keeping them docile and subservient for their own purposes.
Regardless of your view, whether believing it a religious text or man-driven, it is undeniable that the Bible has endless practical applications. At the bare minimum, it is a book bursting with knowledge. It is the jack-of-all-trades of ‘How-To’ books. The Bible offers:
- Marital relationship advice
- Child upbringing advice
- Advice on personal conduct
- Advice on how to treat one another
- Advice on how to live a healthy life
- Advice on self-improvement
- Historical account of events
- Perspective on different matters
- Encouragement, inspiration and guidance
- Much more…
If you have not read the Bible because you have considered it a “religious” text, you should reconsider. It is a one-stop-shop for all things life related. You may surprised by what you uncover.